Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Paws Retract







Tigers fans were really tugged along by the invisible leash the Tigers linked to them last night, losing the second game of the series to the Indians.

I have to admit, though, that WAS the first live baseball event I’ve ever been to (excluding the two or three I attended during my girly-girl-no-sports-days way back when). The first thing that struck me was the energy – not only of the players, but the fans – Geez Louise, those guys are CRAZY! Apparently you’re not cool until you’ve had a “daiquiri” in a three foot plastic mug because just about everybody had one – not me of course – I’m underage ;) Anywhoozle, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I am not the most avid baseball fan – especially since it was 81 degrees (I swear, heat follows me like I follow chocolate cake) and humid. However, I did catch the Ordonez fever and I was surprised that the shrill screech I kept hearing each time the Tigers scored, belonged to me.

Still, with a 3 point lead in the second inning, it was devastating to watch the Indians take the game 11-8 after we almost made a comeback – twice. That’s it, there’s nothing more to say except for the fact that it IS my birthday today and the Tigers DO have a game at 1pm.

HEY BOYS, IF YOU’RE READING THIS, HOW ‘BOUT WINNING ONE FOR YOUR NEW FAN?

Perhaps it wouldn’t have been so bad if they hadn’t given us fans hope bottom of the ninth when we had the chance to tie up the game. I mean come on, if you’re gonna lose, then lose and put me out of my misery!

All I have to remember the “blessed” event is yet another heat rash and a headache. Oh well, at least I’m not a Baltimorean…

No comments: