Monday, November 23, 2009

Michigan Hockey Loses Two

On a day that should have been a joyous occasion for Michigan hockey fans (National Letters of Intent were delivered to Ann Arbor today), the ice is running red with the blood of attrition. It is confirmed that Sophomore Forward Robbie Czarnik has left the team to play for the Plymouth Whalers of the Ontario Hockey League. No word on why Czarnik, who had 3 goals and 3 assists so far this season, decided to bolt.

Even more upsetting is the news that Jack Campbell, the #1 North American goaltending prospect will sign with the Windsor Spitfires of the Ontario Hockey League and will not honor his commitment to the University of Michigan. No official word has been passed on this matter, but Campbell did not sign a letter of intent and indications are that this was because he will sign with Windsor. Official updates to come.


UPDATE II: I talked to Jack Campbell and he had this to say. "I never intended to do this but after a lot of thought I changed my mind permanently. Sorry! I appreciate the support you gave me. I'm gonna miss the fans that's for sure."

Major blow to the 2010 recruiting class, which still stands as one of Michigan's strongest in some time.


No comments: